Friday, August 19, 2011

Ask 5 for 5

If you already received an email from me, I hope that you've taken the time to donate and find 5 friends to help raise funds for the East Africa Famine. If not, I beg you to do it! I have to admit that, even though I work for a humanitarian organization, it's easy to feel overwhelmed and powerless to do anything, and therefore to overlook crises as they come up. But this famine is on such a large scale and the suffering, especially of children, so horrible that I can't ignore it. Of course being a mother now I empathize even more with the parents who are having to watch their children starve to death.

It also helps that I have a brilliant co-worker (in fact my job share partner!) who came up with a simple but effective way to help. Check out Sarah's blog to hear her story and to learn more about the Ask 5 for 5 campaign.

1 comment:

  1. I still have your email in my inbox waiting for me to get on this! Thanks for the reminder, friend!

    ReplyDelete