Tuesday, December 7, 2010

An Ode to Bassets

As a result of the closet cleaning, I dug up a ton of old photos and had a good time sorting through them. I found this one of my good old friend Barney. He was a great dog. Man he stunk, but he had so much personality you couldn't help but love him. My parents made my brother and I wash him in a steel tub, outside, with cold water (as opposed to the indoor 'Doggy Wash' where I take Addie today, with warm water and a huge array of shampoos) . It was torture for all of us! He could howl like none other.

This description of Bassets pretty much sums them up. One of the many reasons I love Pioneer Woman - she has a huge heart for animals.

This being the Fur Factor and all, I thought it only appropriate to dedicate a post to Barney.

2 comments:

  1. I got cold just reading that. You know my love for animals is slim to none but he does look very sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Barney does look cute and sweet. But yeah, washing a dog with cold water outside? YIkes!

    ReplyDelete