Friday, October 8, 2010

Doc appt. #3

Had my monthly doctor appt. today. Got to hear baby's heart beat and got my flu shot, so that's covered. I also learned that I've gained 12 lbs. In a little over 3 months. Sweet. I think you're only supposed to gain 5 or so in the first trimester so, woah, I was a little shocked. I feel pretty good though, I mean I'm walking a lot and am trying to eat healthy (despite the week or so where I went to the fair twice, indulged in cheeseburgers and KFC, etc. I think my hormones were raging. That was also before I watched Food Inc! Yikes. But I digress...) Doc said not to get too caught up in that, every woman's body is different and some gain a lot of weight early on, then plateau, others don't gain much for a long time then they gain a lot in a short period. It's all part of the journey.

We will learn the sex of baby Finnerty on Nov. 4. I wish this next month would fly by, I can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. NOVEMBER FOURTH??? OHMYGOODNESS, THIS IS SOON! Okay, I stop with the caps. This is soooo exciting. 3 more weeks. Aaah, this is great news.

    Oh, and you look skinny and wonderful, so I wouldn't worry about the 12 pounds. You're one healthy (and um, yeah... hot) mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gained more than 40 lbs & am now below my starting weight. I wouldn't worry about it at all. You're almost to the half way point!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you find out the SEX in a few weeks... holy cow! Need to see you ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were tiny to begin with. This little baby is just trying to make his/her home a little bit more comfortable! ;-)
    Can't believe you are finding out the sex in less than a month! So exciting! What are your predictions (Chinese horoscope aside...)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting my friend!! And of course don't sweat the weight gain! All part of the process indeed. :) Can't wait to find out more about this little peanut. love you. xo

    ReplyDelete