Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fair Day

Went to the fair with my mom yesterday and we had fun despite the rain (boo)! So much for an Indian Summer (is that even politically correct to say anymore? I don't know). Anyway, I literally ate my way through the day. Starting with a philly cheesesteak, then bacon wrapped jalapeno popper, fried pickles (well just a taste, not so sure about those), chocolate covered strawberries and fair scone. Oh, and half crusty pup on the way out! Awesome.

We ended with going to a Natalie Cole/Chris Botti show. I was honestly not to thrilled to go but promised my mom I would go with her and I ended up really enjoying it. I was on the young end of the demographic which I expected, it was pretty funny because Bill & I are always making fun of my parents for going to these 'smooth jazz' shows. But can I just say, Natalie Cole blew me away. I think she's well into in her 50's but woman is hot! She was wearing this sequined top/pants and she could've passed for Halle Berry's twin, seriously. She has a voice like honey to boot. The rain just added to the ambiance - all that was missing was a glass of wine. :) Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I've never "done the Puyallup" and I feel like I'm missing out! I can't stop thinking about the bacon wrapped jalapeno pepper. YUM! I just had tofu for dinner, and I'll be honest: it was gross. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I miss the Puyallup Fair...let me count the ways! I'm glad you went and ate, the only way to go!

    ReplyDelete