Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama my bama


It has been so great to watch the inauguration and parade today, to be a part of history even though I'm not physically there. I have been a fan of President Obama since I read The Audacity of Hope a few years ago and am so thrilled and proud of this country for electing him. I understand he's not perfect, will inherit and face many challenges and will never be able to please everyone and solve all the problems we face as a country, but he believes in the principles on which this country was founded, that we are made stronger by our diversity, and looks for the common ground issues that all Americans care about. Ok, I'll get off my platform now. Today is a day of celebration but tomorrow the real work begins. Let us pray that God will protect Barack and his family, and that he will look to God for guidance first, in all things.

1 comment: