Monday, January 12, 2009

Inaugural Post


Welcome to my blog! I thought it was appropriate to do the 'inaugural' post just before our new president is inaugurated. I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while, mostly for selfish reasons as an outlet for random thoughts, opinions & ideas of the political, spiritual or mundane variety (probably mostly the latter). It will also help fulfill my New Year's resolution of doing something other than watching t.v. after 8ish each night. I usually get home, walk my crazy dog, make dinner, clean up (lots of fur to vacuum in my house, hence the blog title) and collapse in front of the tv. Finally, a friend encouraged me to create the blog so here I go (thanks M)!

So, hopefully this isn't too boring but if it is, oh well, it's still my personal outlet so will fulfill its purpose. And I'll try to update regularly since as an avid blog reader I understand checking someone's blog for weeks without an update is so sad!

The photo was taken when we first got Addie as a puppy and she was quarantined downstairs, hence the baby gate with a cat-sized hole cut out for Maggie the cat's escape route. She wasn't too pleased with the new addition to the family. If looks could kill.

Until next time, over & out.

3 comments:

  1. WHO HOO!! I'm so proud of you Jen! And I love that you decided to go w/ "fur factor" -love it!! You make me smile. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere, officially...as a contributing member :) Looking forward to following your mundane thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so happy your furry family has it's own blog! Love it.

    ReplyDelete