Wednesday, September 28, 2011

He keeps growing

Sam is already half way through his first year. I don't want him to grow up and yet I can't wait to see the little boy he will become. He loves each new experience. He's really enjoying 'solid' food so far, is almost sitting up, rolling over half way, and experimenting with new sounds every day. Poor baby has his first cold this week so keeps making this dry cough/scratchy throat sound. He's had a rough couple of days with the cold + 6 month shots.

6 month stats - he weighs 15 lb, 8 oz and is 27 inches long. Lean and mean! I need to fatten this boy up. It really does bother me that he doesn't weigh more; I wish he was one of those chubby babies. But he is perfectly healthy and the dr. doesn't seem concerned, so I guess I should get over it. Here he is on the swing at a new playground by our house. He didn't even fill up half the seat!

3 comments:

  1. He is just so cute! Don't worry about his weight. If he has energy, he's good. Iona is almost 2 & almost hitting 19 lbs. She is on her own growth curve, but perfectly happy & healthy. Sam takes after his mommy. He's bound to be tall & thin. Enjoy not having to carry around a 20 lb baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just too cute and sweet for words!!! I get the roll-envy, but your baby is perfect and healthy :) it's so great that he loves eating and is making sounds. He's really going to be more and more fun to be with by the week now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet boy! Lean and mean is just great! B only weighed 18lbs at a YEAR! (and my niece was 14lbs at a year!). Its all perspective of course. I wish I could go to the park w/ you two today. miss you!! xo

    ReplyDelete