Monday, February 7, 2011

Overwhelming

in a good way. I'm a few weeks behind, but had a wonderful baby shower the weekend before last. I was truly overwhelmed by the generosity of my friends and family. This baby and I will want for nothing, materially anyway. We have just about everything we need at this point based on lots of hand-me-downs and gifts. It pays to have babies later than most of your friends, I have to say! On top of all the stuff, it's so great to have everyone share in the enthusiasm and joy of having a baby.



Babylegs for boys!




Yummy cupcakes


Thanks Johanna for taking pictures!


The day before the shower Bill and I went to our 8 hr birthing prep crash course. That was overwhelming in an entirely different way. I loved our instructor. She's a mother of two grown girls and also happens to be a doula. I hadn't considered hiring a doula (and I probably won't) but she was awesome. I could've done without the videos - I think I prefer to cross that bridge when I come to it! Until then I will be in denial that this baby has to actually get out somehow.

With 40 days to go on the official timeline, I am checking things off the to do list left and right. If baby comes early and I don't get it all done I know we'll somehow survive... I would just like to have everything in order (maybe for the last time?) before surrendering to the great adventure of parenthood.

4 comments:

  1. I'm soo sad I couldn't be at your shower but I'm so thankful you and baby boy were well celebrated. Love you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. FOURTY days? Goodness, this is coming soon. Your shower was awesome. Food was yummy and you indeed got tons of useful stuff :) It was also great meeting your family and see your friends. Your baby boy is loved -and so are you.

    Let me know if I can help with any last-minute anything (put something together, arrange nursery, etc). We can easily waddle through these last weeks and tasks together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun photos! I'm sorry I missed the shower. :-( You look amazing, btw.
    I can't believe you have less than 40 days to go. Exciting! The things that need to get done, will. Don't worry if everything isn't 100% done (work-wise and baby-wise). It'll all work out and you will survive (as will your work). We can't wait to meet the little guy! (And hopefully posting my comment will work this time...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos! You look beautiful momma! I can't believe it's only 40 days away...Ahhh, I'm so excited to see little Baby Boy finnerty! And those cupcakes looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete